If there is one thing that is true about those postcard winter days its the fact that they are so much more enjoyable from the indoors than out.
But keeping up the maintenance on the exterior of your home unfortunately entails going outside when the weather is anything but friendly. We find that taking care of any issues, prior to temperature drops and winter storm warnings, allows you to stay comfy cozy throughout the nastiest of seasons. Make sure you check the following areas for problems and enjoy your home year round:
- Have gutter guards installed on your Denver home by the professionals at GutterDome; keeping your gutters free of leaves, twigs, dirt and shingle grit and you safely on the ground.
- Insulate hot water lines around your water heater to keep it from having to overwork warming your water.
- Check for drafts around windows and doors, adding sealant and/or weather stripping where needed.
- Let the sun do the hard work of warming your home by opening the curtains on the south side of the house.
- Get your furnace serviced and maintained by a professional.
- Replace any windows that are old or cracked.
- Clean your HVAC system’s vents and registers for adequate air flow.
- Plant tall evergreen trees on the wind-prone side of your home to reduce its ability to cool your home.
- Check your garage for air leaks and holes.
- Check your attic for areas where melting snow can become a problem over the winter.
- Make sure that your roof shingles are in good repair.