If you’ve delayed purchasing a leaf guard for the gutters on your Denver-area home, chances are you’ll be facing a clog soon. As leaves, pine needles, seeds and roof grit build up in your gutters, they can create a blockage that doesn’t allow water or melting snow to safely drain away from your home. That can quickly create an issue for your home and put you at risk of water and structural damage. Here is what to do if you discover your gutters aren’t draining correctly:
- Start cleaning out your gutters near the drain spout. This is where most clogs happen as items are washed through your gutters to this drain. Use a bucket a trowel or small scoop to remove the debris.
- Continue down the gutters until all large debris has been removed.
- Use a hose and turn it up on high. Starting at the end farthest from the drain spout, allow the water to wash through the gutters and drain out the downspout.
- If water isn’t coming out of your downspout, if may be clogged as well. You can try running a hose up the pipe to try to dislodge the blockage, or use a plumber’s snake tool.
- Wear long sleeves and gloves for this messy process. You never know what you might find in your gutters!
- Be sure to follow all safety precautions when up on a ladder and cleaning out gutters to avoid injury.
Of course, you can skip all of the hassles of cleaning your gutters yourself by calling our team. We’ll come out and clean your gutters for you, then install our Denver gutter covers so you’ll never have to worry about your gutters again. We’re the exclusive dealer of GutterDome gutter guards for the Denver area, and you’ll be amazed at what our product can do for you–especially when you never have to get up on a ladder and clean out gross debris from your gutters again! Call us today for a free estimate.